Baja Ceviche (or “cebiche”, it can be spelled several ways) is a dish prepared with raw fish that is usually marinated in lime juice and other fresh ingredients. Here it is paired with luscious, responsibly raised striped bass, but any sushi grade or high-quality white fish will also work. Adding avocado to the puree gives this presentation additional richness that’s unlike most other ceviche you’ve likely tried!
- 1 lb fresh Pacifico Striped Bass, skin off and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup tomatillos, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and minced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Tortilla chips
- Add cubes of striped bass and salt to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Add lime juice and marinate for 30 minutes. Watch as the fish turns from translucent to opaque, tossing twice.
- Add the avocado, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, jalapeño to a blender or food processor. Add olive oil and chop lightly. Season with salt, pepper and more lime juice.
- Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges!
Nishiki Sushi Rice (2 lb)$5.99
King Crab Legs (Chilean)$79.99
San Diego-Style Seafood Boil Box$110.99
Conservas de Cambados Octopus in Galician Sauce$12.99
Conservas de Cambados Octopus in Olive Oil$12.99
Ekone Smoked Mussels$10.99
Breaded Calamari Strips (2.5 lbs)$31.99
Coconut Breaded Butterfly Shrimp (16/20)$29.99
IASA Mediterranean Dorade in Water (Orata)$11.99
IASA Grilled Mediterranean Sea Bass in Olive Oil (Branzino)$10.99