This recipe calls for Perilla leaves, which can be found in Asian markets. You can substitute nori (seaweed) squares, or even fried wonton wrappers if you’re not concerned about carbs or gluten. Courtesy Wynn Austin of Wynn’s Kitchen.
- 6-10 Large Vietnamese Perilla Leaves (or nori squares)
- 1lb Sashimi Grade Yellowtail (finely minced)
- 2 Tbs Minced Scallions
- 1 Tbsp Wynn’s Kitchen Saté Asian Chili Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- Seaweed flakes & sesame seeds to garnish (furikake)
- In a bowl, combine yellowtail, scallions, saté sauce, coconut aminos, mayo, and sesame oil.
- Mix well and cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, and place a small scoop of the yellowtail mixture in the center of a perilla leaf (or nori leaf) and fold over.
- Garnish with seaweed flakes and/or sesame seeds, if desired, and serve immediately.