This scallop crudo is as delicious as it is texturally satisfying! You get the silky texture of the scallops with a fruity pop from the grapes and a bright heat from jalapenos and spicy, citrusy yuzu. Crunchy cucumber and cooling mint help keep things refreshing. Makes a great appetizer or light lunch! Recipe by Lindsay Evans Smith (LindsayEats) exclusively for Catalina Offshore Products.
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Yuzu Kosho paste
- 2 Tbsp sake
- 1/2 lb large diver scallops, sashimi grade
- 6-8 concord grapes, thinly sliced
- Handful of champagne grapes
- 4 micro cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 – 1 serrano pepper depending on heat preference, thinly sliced and seeded
- Micro mint leaves (or mint leaves, chopped)
- Sea salt for finishing
- Yuzu flavored tobiko
- Whisk together yuzu paste, honey, and sake.
- To prepare scallops, remove foot, and slice each scallop into thin rounds. You should get at least 4 thin slices per scallop. (To make slicing easier, place scallops in the freezer about 10 minutes before slicing.)
- Place scallop slices on a plate or platter of your choice. Layer the sliced grapes, cucumber, and pepper over the scallops, then sprinkle champagne grapes and mint on top.
- Drizzle the yuzu-sake sauce all over then top with a sprinkle of finishing salt and small spoonfuls of tobiko. (You can use chopsticks to help disperse the tobiko).
Yuzu Kosho (Spicy Citrus Paste)$6.99
Tobiko Caviar (Flying Fish Roe) Yuzu-Citrus$10.95 – $45.99
10-20 Sea Scallops, Sushi Grade, Dry Pack$50.99 – $52.99