- 1b fresh halibut, cut into two equal portions
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsp capers drained
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- Salt & pepper
- Lightly salt and pepper fish portions. Into a skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of butter and the oil. Once the mixture starts to brown, add the fish.
- Cook fish for 5 minutes then gently flip and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove fish from pan and pour pan juices into a bowl. Let any burned bits sink to the bottom then skim off a few tablespoons and add back into the pan.
- With your pan still at medium heat, add garlic and cook for about 30-45 seconds. Add the wine, followed by the lemon juice and capers. Cook for one minute, then remove pan from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to make a sauce.
- Return pan to heat, add fish back to the pan, and spoon sauce over fish for about 30 seconds, almost like you’re basting it.
- Transfer fish to plates and top each portion with some pan sauce. Serve with wild rice or choice of side!
Halibut (Flounder) Fillet$26.99