The culinary term, en papillote, refers to a moist-heat cooking method where the food is enclosed in a packet of parchment paper or foil and cooked in the oven. Typically vegetables and herbs accompany a protein, which all give off steam inside the parcel. The steam is what basically cooks the food. Because of its delicate nature and quick cooking time, fish is an optimal choice for cooking in this manner.
From our friend Wynn Austin, this dish perfectly pairs the mild taste of sea bass with the subtle, cabbage-like flavor of bok choy, the spicy sweetness of fresh ginger, cilantro and green onion, and a chili-infused kick from Wynn’s own brand of sauce. Serves 2
- 1 large sea bass fillet (about a pound)*
- 2 bunches of baby bok choy cut into halves
- 1 inch fresh ginger sliced thinly
- 1/2 stalk green onion, sliced thinly
- 4 sprigs cilantro
For the sauce:
- 3 Tablespoon of Ponzu sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Wynn’s Kitchen Saté Sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl
- Cut a piece of parchment paper that is approximately 12×15 and fold the longer side in half. Place it on a baking tray.
- Lay the bok choy at the top and center of the bottom portion of the paper.
- Lay the fish on top of the bok choy. Lay the ginger, green onions, and cilantro springs on top of the fish. Drizzle the sauce over the fish.
- Fold the other half of the paper over the fish and begin folding from one corner, ½ inch sections over each other around the entire edge. Press down well so that it’s sealed. At the other end, you can fold an extra material and tuck it under the edge.
- Put it in the oven and bake it for 10 minutes
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and let it rest for 1-2 minutes. Cut it open in the middle with a knife or kitchen scissors and serve immediately.
* Tip: You can cut smaller fillet pieces and make separate packages for individual servings, placing a package on a plate for each person.
Wynn’s Kitchen Saté Asian Chili Sauce$12.00
White Seabass Fillet$34.99
Chilean Seabass 8oz Portion, Frozen$36.99