This recipe takes the work out of having to cut up fresh Jalapeño peppers by using Cien Chiles The Jalapeno hot sauce. Once you make it, you may never make ceviche any other way again! Recipe courtesy Chef Maria Covarrubias, owner of Cien Chiles.
- 1 lb white fish, cubed into small dice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 crack fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp pickled red onion*
- 2 Tbsp The Jalapeño
- 2 cups corn chips
- Juice limes until you get half a cup and reserve for next step.
- Cube fish into small dice and place in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle salt, fresh ground pepper and add lime juice. Combine gently and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Chop cilantro and add it to the ceviche once it’s done marinating. Add pickled red onion and The Jalapeño, toss gently to bring all the flavors together.
- Serve in small cups and enjoy with your favorite corn chips!
* Pickled Red Onions
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1Tbsp Cien Chiles The Mustard **
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- About 1/2 cup hot water
Place everything in a mason jar and let macerate for at least 30 min. It will last you about 5 days. Use on, basically anything!
** If you don’t have The Mustard, replace it with a half cup of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
Cien Chiles “The Jalapeño” Hot Sauce$11.00
White Seabass Fillet$34.99