This healthy meal comes together in a snap, making it perfect for weeknight dinners! Recipe courtesy Catalina Offshore Products. Serves 4
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp grapeseed or other high heat oil
For the slaw:
- 1 bag broccoli slaw mix (may substitute coleslaw mix)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 cup Thai peanut salad dressing, such as Trader Joe’s Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette or Lee Kum Kee Peanut Flavor Sauce
How to Prepare:
- Into a large bowl, add slaw mix, almonds, raisins, lime juice and dressing and toss together. Add more lime juice or dressing to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. Season on both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for about five minutes. When the pan is hot, add the oil. Once oil begins to shimmer and slightly smoke, place fillets in the pan, skin side down (if applicable), If fillets have skin, press down gently with a spatula for about 20 seconds.
- Cook fillets for approximately 3 minutes per side for medium rare. If cooking with skin on, total cook time will be predominantly on the skin side. Go about 4 minutes with skin side down, carefully flip fillets, and finish flesh side 1-2 minutes more.
- Place salmon on plates and serve with slaw on the side.