Seasoned grouper, seared medium-rare and served atop four-pepper slaw. Serves 4. Recipe courtesy Scott Leysath aka The Sporting Chef.
- 4 6-ounce grouper fillets
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup masa corn flour
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
For the Four-Pepper Slaw
- 1/3 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup jicama, julienned
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare:
- Prepare four-pepper slaw by combining ingredients in a large bowl and coating with dressing. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and masa corn flour. Dust fish pieces with mixture. Heat a thin layer of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to skillet and lightly brown on both sides until just done.
- While fish is cooking, combine tomato, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- To serve, mound slaw on plates, place fish on slaw and garnish with tomato mixture.