Looking for healthier fish sticks that aren’t breaded and deep fried? Opah belly cooks to bright white with a mild flavor and moist texture. It’s also packed with heart-healthy fats that result in crispy edges without a lot of additional cooking oil. Bonus: these are kid-approved!
Courtesy Tommy the Fishmonger. Serves 4
- 1 lb opah belly, skin off
- Seasoning of choice (i.e. salt & pepper, lemon pepper, Tony Chachere’s)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive, avocado or coconut oil
How to Prepare:
- Slice fish crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips and then sprinkle with seasoning to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Lay opah strips in the pan and cook about 2 minutes per side or until edges turn golden brown.
- Serve with side salad, rice or your favorite potato preparation!