This dish packs a deliciously spicy kick and comes together in mere minutes. Serves 2-4.
- 1lb sushi grade Ahi (yellowfin or bigeye tuna, divided into half portions. You could also use good quality albacore.)
- 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
How to Prepare:
- Pat fish portions dry with paper towel.
- Rub sesame oil all over fish and sprinkle with a bit of salt on both sides.
- Sprinkle togarashi on all sides of fish and pat down.
- Heat a large nonstick pan on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add fish portions to pan one flat side down and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip fish onto other side and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn and cook each side 1 minute more or to desired doneness. For best results maintain a rare to med-rare center.
- Serve with white rice, choice of vegetable and ponzu for dipping. Alternatively, you can slice portions into “tetaki” sashimi for an appetizer for 4 people.