An exotic-sounding salmon dish that’s actually a cinch to make! Recipe courtesy Chef Logan Mitchell of Cellar Door in San Diego. Serves 4.
- 4 (4 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tblsp garam masala
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tblsp coconut oil
- Optional: chili flakes or fresh chile
How to Prepare:
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place salmon skin in pan skin side down and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan and carefully lifting the salmon with a spatula to loosen it from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and cook until the salmon is just barely cooked through, about 3 minutes more. The end result should be crispy skin and medium rare flesh.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, cook the first four ingredients in a saucepan for a few minutes until well combined. In a separate pan, saute the halved cherry tomatoes in the coconut oil until heated through. Add tomatoes to saucepan to combine, then pour mixture over medium rare salmon.