Any moist, white fish may be used for this recipe, i.e. snapper, black cod, rockfish, seabass, etc. Sauce is enough for 4 servings of fish.
- 1 medium zucchini, medium dice
- 1 yellow summer squash, medium dice
- 1 small to medium Italian eggplant, medium dice
- 2 red bell peppers, medium dice
- 1 yellow onion, medium dice
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup capers rinsed
- 1/2cup shredded basil
How to Prepare:
- Saute the zucchini, summer squash, eggplant and bell pepper in olive oil, salt and pepper until soft, then set aside in large bowl.
- In another saute pan sweat the onion until translucent and soft.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- De-glaze the onion and tomato mixture with the balsamic vinegar, then add this mixture to large bowl of other other veggies.
- Add to the bowl the basil and capers and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and red chili flake. Serve.