Baja Seas Hiramasa provides a bright, buttery flavor with a rich, firm texture and desirable fat content. This luscious Asian-inspired orange sauce is the perfect pairing, and goes great on steamed veggies, too! Serves 4.
- 1 ½ pounds Baja Seas Hiramasa, skin removed
- 3-4 large oranges juiced to yield 1 cup, plus the zest of one orange
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat simmer orange juice for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half. Set aside.
- Cut fish into 4 portions and season fish with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add olive oil to preheated pan and swirl to coat. Add fish to pan and sear 2-3 minutes per side, turning once. Transfer fish to plates.
- Add orange juice, soy and ginger to pan and stir. Add butter and stir to incorporate until sauce becomes shiny and bubbly.
- Spoon sauce over fish portions and garnish with orange zest.