For a quick and healthy meal, try this twist on traditional lettuce wraps! Photo and recipe by Catalina Offshore Products (adapted from Lee Kum Kim). Serves 2-4.
- 1lb ground opah abductor/adductor meat (can also use ground tuna)
- 8 oz water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 head of lettuce (iceberg or butter), separated into rounds
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pouch of Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap Sauce (available in most grocery stores)
How to Prepare:
- Heat oil over high heat in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add ground fish and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add carrots, water chestnuts and half the peanuts.
- Stir-fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add 3/4 pouch of Lee Kum Kee Sauce. Bring mixture a to simmer and add green onions.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and serve alongside the lettuce rounds and accompaniments (the remaining sauce, peanuts and sambol, if you prefer spicy).
- Enjoy by spooning mixture into lettuce and garnish with accompaniments as desired.
Opah Abductor (“Tri Tip”)