Swordfish is a wonderfully meaty, sweet tasting fish with firm texture. This recipe pairs an organic fingerling potato salad of white corn, shaved fennel, Thai basil, and tangelo segments.
For the Swordfish:
- 1 lb of fresh swordfish (boneless and skinless), cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 piece of ginger, finely minced
- 1.5 cups of good quality yogurt
- 2 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Juice of half each lime and lemon
- 2 tbsp oil
- Selection of your favorite vegetables
- Fresh lime or lemon wedges for garnish
For the Fingerling Potato-Citrus Salad
- 3 lbs fingerling potato, par boiled and sliced in half
- 2 bulbs fennel, shaved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cups, white corn kernels
- 1 cup, Thai basil roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup, cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup tangelo, segmented
- 1/2 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to Prepare:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt along with the oil and lime/lemon juice. Add the garlic, ginger and the spices (ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, garam masala, red chili powder, salt & pepper). Mix well to combine all the ingredients and add the cubes of fish. Marinate the fish in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Prepare your vegetables and cut them into 1″ pieces. Season liberally with salt, pepper and a little ground cumin powder, garam masala and red chili powder (if desired).
- Shake off any excess marinade and carefully thread the fish cubes and vegetable on to the skewers. Baste with a little oil
- Baste the skewers with a little oil and bake on a foil lined baking tray for 6-8 minutes or until done. If you are grilling, grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Garnish with lime or lemon wedges.
California Swordfish – Local California