This one from our friend Scott Leysath, aka The Sporting Chef, is not for the heart-healthy set, but it sure does taste good! It’s better with a good quality freshly grated Parmesan cheese, but the pre-shredded stuff will do. Cherry tomatoes or tomatillos work well for this too.
- 4 6- ounce halibut fillets
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup tomato seeded and diced
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and rub a 9-inch (or similar sized) baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter and arrange fish in dish.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in cream and bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, Italian seasoning, onions and garlic. Pour sauce over fish and place dish in a preheated oven.
- Cook until top is lightly browned, about 18-20 minutes. Top with tomato before serving.