A quick and delicious way to enjoy abalone!
- 8 small or 4 large fresh or frozen* abalone steaks
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Prepare:
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter or margarine in a small saucepan.
- Add lemon or lime juice to taste.
- Pour flour into a wide shallow bowl; stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly coat abalone steaks with flour mixture; gently shake to remove excess flour. Dip in egg mixture, then dip in flour again to lightly coat.
- Pan-fry steaks 30 to 45 seconds on each side; turn once.
*To thaw frozen abalone: place the vacuum packed abalone steak under cold running water for about 2 minutes. Removes the steak (OK if still slightly frozen) from the vacuum pack and proceed.