Catalina Offshore Products is growing and looking to fill immediate openings in our fast-paced warehouse environment!
Fish Cutters / Filleters (two openings)
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 1 year professional, on-the-job experience filleting fish.
- This position requires lifting 50-60 lbs., bending, and standing for extended periods of time.
- 30+ hours per week with some overtime. Must be able to work Saturdays.
- $14-$16 per hour, depending on experience.
Fish Packers (several openings)
Responsibilities include handling and packing seafood orders, and taking inventory.
- Must be dependable, with excellent listening skills and a willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Any experience in the seafood industry is a plus.
- This hands-on position requires lifting 50-60 lbs., bending, and standing for extended periods of time.
- 20-30 hours per week with some overtime. Must be able to work Saturdays. Must have flexible schedule.
- Minimum wage; opportunities for advancement.
Freezer Inventory / Receiving Specialist
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, receiving and warehousing incoming shipments of frozen seafood; and maintaining freezer inventory control with emphasis on weights, counts, organization, packing and labeling, and product rotation.
- Strong math skills and computer literacy required.
- Must be able to work independently and with others.
- Must be able to withstand colder temperatures as this position spends most time inside a freezer.
- This position requires lifting at least 50 lbs and up, and bending and standing for extended periods of time.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Seafood knowledge a plus, but not required.
- 20+ hours Monday – Friday with some overtime. Occasional Saturdays, when end of month falls on a Saturday.
- $12-$14 per hour, based on experience.
To be considered for any of the above positions, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Catalina Offshore Products
Family-owned and operated since 1977, Catalina Offshore Products began exclusively as a sea urchin wholesaler. Today it is one of the largest buyers of local seafood in San Diego. Over the years it has expanded beyond wholesale to include an online store and walk-in market, and counts some of the nation’s top chefs among its customers. Working directly with fishermen, Catalina Offshore specializes in high quality and sushi grade seafood, much of which is responsibly sourced off the West Coast, from Baja to the Pacific Northwest.