- 1 (6 oz) can Catalina’s Choice Solid Pack Tuna in Olive Oil (don’t drain)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced or sliced to your preference
- 1 tbsp diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
How to Prepare:
- In a bowl mix together tuna, vinegar, onion, bell pepper, capers and garlic and onion powders.
- Season with salt and pepper and additional olive oil to taste.
- Serve with crackers or vegetables, or use for a sandwich filling. To make the best tuna melt ever (Tommy is known for his), use a high quality sourdough and sliced swiss or sharp white cheddar.
- Salad may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Hint: it gets better as it marinates!
Catalina’s Choice Solid Pack Canned Tuna in Olive Oil